The concept of non-toxic, sustainable cleaning tablets is growing in popularity – DAZZ isn’t the only tablet-based product on the market anymore. However, it’s still a relatively new way of cleaning, and we realize there are some important questions around how to clean with a tablet-based product like DAZZ.
To answer some of the most common questions we’ve received, we created a handy guide on how to clean your home (or any space, really) using DAZZ Cleaning Tablets!
How to Prepare DAZZ
Did you know that most traditional cleaners are made up of over 90% water?
One of the many benefits of a tablet-based cleaner like DAZZ is the fact that you don’t need to waste your money on all that water (and a new bottle) each time you run out of cleaning product. You can simply reuse the same spray bottle over and over again, filling it with tap water from your home and only re-purchasing what you really need (the concentrated cleaning tablets).
There are just a few things to remember when preparing your DAZZ cleaning solution:
- Fill your bottle with warm water in order to speed up the disintegration time.
- Fill your bottle about 75% of the way to allow for fizzing, and then top it off once the tablets are fully dissolved.
- For bottles 24oz or larger, use both tablets in a packet. For bottles that are 16oz or smaller, we suggest only using one tablet.
- Attach the sprayer after the tablets finish dissolving to prevent pressure from building up and causing leakage.
- Keep the trigger sprayer in the OFF position when not in use.
Where to Use DAZZ
Some of the most common questions we get are typically centered around whether DAZZ is safe to use on certain surfaces & materials.
We get it – unfortunately, with all of the harsh, toxic cleaning products on the market, it’s not uncommon for a cleaner to damage the surface it’s supposed to clean.
DAZZ products, on the other hand, are pH neutral and safe to use on most sealed, non-porous surfaces. Some of these surfaces include:
- Stainless steel
- Tile floors
- Linoleum floors
- Granite countertops
- Acrylic showers
- Natural stone
- Brass fixtures
- Car windshields/mirrors
DAZZ products are also safe to use with septic systems!
Tips for Easier Cleaning
Choosing the right product to clean with is only half the battle – what’s also important is how you clean.
We’d like to consider ourselves experts in cleaning and, specifically, cleaning with tablet-based cleaners like DAZZ.
With that in mind, we’ve compiled a few of our favorite suggestions for ways to make cleaning your home easier and more effective:
- Use a clean microfiber rag to wipe down your surfaces (they’re cheaper and more sustainable than paper towels!).
- When cleaning windows and mirrors, use two rags – one for cleaning and one for polishing. This prevents streaking and water spots. Also, clean your windows and mirrors from top to bottom to prevent dripping.
- For showers with extra grimy grout, we recommend thoroughly spraying with DAZZ Bathroom Cleaner, allowing the cleaner to sit for at least 10 minutes, then scrubbing the grout with a toothbrush or firm bristle brush.
- To clean your floors with DAZZ, we suggest two options:
- If you’re using a wet mop, you can drop a DAZZ Window & Glass tablet into your mop bucket, allowing it to dissolve in the water.
- If you’re using a dry mop, we recommend lightly spraying your floor with DAZZ Window & Glass, then using the mop to wipe it clean.
- If you’re looking to clean and disinfect a surface, here’s a helpful trick: spray the surface with DAZZ Cleaner first, then wipe clean. After cleaning, you can transfer your DAZZ trigger sprayer over to a bottle of hydrogen peroxide and spray down the surface again to disinfect. Hydrogen peroxide, because it breaks down into oxygen and water, does not need to be wiped off.
Curious about cleaning with DAZZ? Try it out with our full DAZZ Collection, available for only $16!