An Eco-Friendly Spring Cleaning Guide: Commonly Overlooked High-Touch Areas
Not sure what to do while you’re stuck at home in quarantine? Well now is the perfect time to do some spring cleaning! We’re not just talking about ordinary spring cleaning, though....we’re talking about tackling those tricky little spots that you might not typically think of, but where germs LOVE to live. Cleaning those “touch-points” in your home is especially crucial right now, as a way to curb the growth and spread of COVID-19 in your own home.
And, better yet, you can be eco-friendly while gettin’ your clean on! You can tackle almost all of these spots in your home (and car) with some DAZZ and a microfiber rag, easy as that. And if you run out of DAZZ during your cleaning frenzy? Just pop in a couple of refill tablets and let them work their magic! No need for any extra bottles when you’ve got a supply of DAZZ on hand.
Afterwards, for that extra level of protection, you can pop your DAZZ trigger sprayer onto a bottle of hydrogen peroxide and spritz some onto your clean surfaces in order to disinfect (see here for our favorite eco-friendly disinfecting tips).
Here’s a list of some key, but often overlooked touchpoints in your home:
- Light switches and plates
- Doors, door frames, locks, and doorknobs
- Cabinet handles and touchpoints
- Drawer handles and drawer faces
- Stair rails and balcony railings
- Appliances (like the fridge, coffee maker, dishwasher, laundry machines, even your toaster)
- Sink and tub faucets & knobs
- Chair arms and backs
- Computer keyboards and mouse
- Window latches and pulls
- Sliding glass door handle and frame
- Your cell phone & charger
- Personal grooming appliances (hairdryer, electric toothbrush, straightening iron)
- TV remote controls
- Air-conditioning vents
And in your car:
- Door handles
- Buttons and knobs
- Steering wheel
- The gear shift and other controls
- Touch screens
- Inside and outside consoles
Now grab your DAZZ and get to cleaning!